Monday, July 4, 2011

First day in Sarajevo

During my first day in Sarajevo, I got a chance to explore different parts of the city on a leisurely Sunday. With my sidekick Ariana, I went to old town Sarajevo where I found a hidden oasis with a tea shop and a Persian market in a courtyard. We also treated ourselves to a high end brunch with mimosas (which is apparently a stereotype drink of Americans), where we were the only people in the entire restaurant. Later, we proceeded to climb up the steep hills much further than needed, which awarded us an amazing view of the city.



The pigeons.



Persian market.



Rules for the Mosque in the center of old town Sarajevo.



Fountain in the center of the Mosque courtyard.



Entry to the Mosque



Our oasis.



Turkish tea.







A lot of the buildings in Sarajevo still show their scars from the war. Bulletholes are the most common mark.


Do sljedeceg puta.

No comments:

Post a Comment